Telefonica’s new O2 brand in Spain has followed in the footsteps of its parent company by rolling out an embedded SIM card (eSIM) service. The technology is initially available on the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR smartphones, as well as the iPad Pro, with customers simply asked for ID details to verify the ownership of the line before being sent all the necessary data for the eSIM activation, including the corresponding PIN, PUK and QR code.
The O2 eSIM can be requested by both current and new customers.
- READ MORE: Countries & carriers which supports eSIM
The steps to follow to activate it are the following:
- Go to Settings> Mobile Data> Add mobile data plan.
- Choose “Add mobile data plan.”
- The mobile camera will open and you will have to focus it on the QR code attached to the mail.
- Restart the mobile and you’re done.