Customers can get ready for takeoff with five more destinations included as part of the Add-Ons existing in market offer, covering mainland China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia and Thailand. The increased expiry of 14 days also means customers now have more time to take advantage of the significant 10GB of data included.
Optus Head of Strategic Projects, Vidur Rattan said, “We are thrilled to be stepping up our international roaming game for jetsetters just in time for the holiday season.”
“By launching these new Add-Ons, we are continuing to deliver our prepaid customers great value. With the addition of 5 more destinations to selected prepaid plans we want customers travelling overseas to use their phone worry free.”
“We understand the importance for our customers to be able to share their travel experiences with friends and family back home and by expanding our roaming Add-Ons, we are making it easy for them to stay connected.”
The new Optus $20 Prepaid Data Roaming Add-On offers customers the following features:
• Five new destinations including mainland China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia and Thailand in addition to the existing destinations of New Zealand, UK, USA, Singapore and Hong Kong.
• Increased expiry from 5 days to 14 days.
• New customers can now activate a $2 SIM via optus.com.au/activate and choose the $20 Roaming option. The $20 roaming option will only be available for activation on the Optus Prepaid Epic data plan. All SIM activations must occur within Australia.
• $20 Prepaid Data Roaming Add-On can be stacked if customers are travelling for a longer period. For example, if customers purchase two $20 Data Roaming Add-Ons in one day, they will have 28 days expiry and 20GB data.
• $20 Prepaid Data Roaming Add-On will be available on selected plans to buy via the My Optus app and Optus.com.au/recharge