A Lithuanian airport is getting in the holiday spirit with a Christmas tree made entirely of confiscated items that surely landed some passengers on Santa’s naughty list this year.
Vilnius Airport transformed a “Bah! Humbug” moment into a festive display of knives, toy guns, bullet cases and corkscrews – all taken from passengers’ carry-on luggage during security screenings over the year.
“We can guarantee – you haven’t seen anything like this,” Lithuanian Airport shared on LinkedIn Monday. “With knives, scissors, lighters, blades and all other sorts of dangerous goods on it – this Christmas tree has it all.”
But, the Christmas tree serves as more than just a holiday decoration. Lithuanian Airport said it’s a friendly reminder on “the importance of aviation security.”
“The Aviation security officers at Vilnius Airport opted for an unusual take on the Christmas classic, aiming to send an educational message” the post said. “So if you don’t want your personal, yet prohibited, belongings to land on our next year’s Christmas tree – better check out the baggage requirements before you pack for your next flight. Safe travels!”
Express check-in service at Vilnius Airport
Express check-in service is provided upon presentation of a coupon printed or displayed on the screen of a phone or tablet.
Presenting an unreadable coupon on a smartwatch, laptop screen or another device may result in service being denied.
If you have a loyalty card that provides a service, the original is provided at the post office – if you submit a photo or digital version of the card, the service may not be provided.
The following can use Vilnius Airport’s “Quick Check” services for free:
- Vilnius airport PRIVILEGE CARD holders;
- Passengers who have purchased an express check-in coupon in the electronic service store of the Vilnius airport website;
- Passengers who purchased the express check-in service from a special coupon vending machine;
- Passengers who have an invitation from an airline company, ground handling company or tour operator for express screening;
- Holders of ADCParking Express Passenger Check Invitations;
- Air Baltic business class passengers or passengers of any class holding airBaltic Club (PINS) Executive or VIP cards;
- Brussels Airlines business and B Flex class passengers or passengers of any class holding a Star Alliance Gold card;
- Passengers of Turkish Airlines business and ELIT class scheduled flights, or passengers of any class holding a Star Alliance Gold card;
- Passengers in Finnair business, Y, B and H classes or any other class holding one of the Finnair Plus cards;
- Lufthansa business class passengers or passengers of any class with HON Circle, Senator cards;
- Austrian Airlines business class passengers or passengers of any class with HON Circle, Senator, Star Alliance Gold cards;
- LOT Polish Airlines business class passengers or passengers of any class holding a Star Alliance Gold card;
- Ryanair Flexi plus class passengers;
- Scandinavian Airlines business and SAS Plus class passengers or passengers in any class with Star Alliance Gold, Star Alliance Pandion or Star Alliance Diamond cards;
- “West Express” Privilege Card and “Traveler Card” holders;
- Bank “Nordea” Platinum card holders;
- Citadele Bank Visa X Infinite cardholders;
- Holders of SEB Bank’s “MasterCard World Elite” card.