Vodafone Germany provides automatic eSim transfer for new iPhones. Vodafone Germany announced it is providing customers with an automatic process to transfer an eSIM from an old to a new Apple device. Users can find the process in Apple’s new iOS 17 operating system. Vodafone Germany automatic eSIM transfer
Small but nice: Apple’s new iOS 17 operating system contains a new process with which an eSIM can be transferred from an old iPhone to a new iPhone much more easily and sustainably than before. What’s special: For the first time, a real transfer of the eSIM takes place completely automatically. This means that the old eSIM is reused – the eSIM profile is automatically deleted on the old iPhone when setting up the iPhone and then loaded onto the new device. Vodafone is the first provider in the world to offer this form of eSIM transfer to its mobile customers. Other manufacturers and smartphones that support the new process are expected to follow in the next few months.
Previously, when switching to a new cell phone, you had to delete the eSIM profile from the old cell phone and then manually download the same eSIM profile on the new device via QR code or even set up a completely new profile. “With the new process, a real transfer of the eSIM profile now takes place. During setup, the eSIM profile is transferred from the old iPhone to the new iPhone with one click. This means there is less digital data waste because the existing eSIM profile is reused,” says Ralf Kaumanns, technology expert at Vodafone. However, customers can still use their existing eSIM access data (QR code and confirmation code) for setup. The prerequisite for using the new function is an iPhone XS/XR or newer with Apple’s iOS 17 operating system. Vodafone Germany automatic eSIM transfer
This is how the eSIM transfer works when setting it up for the first time
- The setup on the new iPhone will start.
- The code from the old iPhone is entered on the new device.
- ‘eSIM transfer’ is selected on the new device and confirmed on the old device.
- Complete! Now the eSIM is transferred to the new iPhone and activated. The new cell phone is then ready for use immediately.
This is how the eSIM transfer works via the settings
- In the settings under Cellular, ‘Add eSIM’ is selected.
- Then select ‘Transfer from nearby iPhone’ and follow the instructions on the displays.
- Complete! Now the eSIM is transferred.