The top five up-and-coming villa vacation destinations have been announced by Villas of Distinction, the world’s premier luxury villa rental company, as part of World Travel Holdings. Villa Vacations
Based on increased bookings in these destinations, the list includes — Grand Cayman, Sicily, St. Martin, Orlando, and Jamaica.
- Grand Cayman – Villas of Distinction is not the only company seeing Grand Cayman as an up-and-coming destination. Based on booking data from American Express cardholders, Grand Cayman is also one of their trending destinations to watch for in 2020, up 33 percent year-over-year*. View villas in Grand Cayman.
- Sicily – “We are seeing a trend of travelers, especially those who have already visited Italy, moving away from traveling to the more traditional regions,” said Steve Lassman, vice president of villa product & agency relations. “With Sicily being the largest Italian island, it offers travelers an array of activities from archaeological sites, popular beaches, and mild climate to history, good cuisine and a vibrant nightlife.'” View villas in Sicily.
- St. Martin –There is a resurgence in travel to St. Martin after it was impacted by Hurricane Irma. It had a setback and now it is a comeback destination. The Dutch side of the island even has new attractions like the Rainforest Adventures Rockland Estate and Topper’s Rhum Distillery, and stayover arrivals are up 144 percent over 2018 year to date.** View villas in St. Martin.
- Jamaica – “While Jamaica is always a popular destination for us, the trend we are seeing here is increased interest in the south coast of the island, and as a result of this, we are adding more villas here this year,” said Lassman. “The south coast of Jamaica’s appeal is its relative isolation. Travelers to this area will find nature, wildlife, and tranquil beaches. The most popular area is Treasure Beach, home to a string of Jamaican fishing villages resting on black sand.” View villas in Jamaica.
- Orlando – Orlando continues to be an up-and-coming destination in the villa arena. So many families travel in large groups when visiting Orlando whether it be multi-generational travel or family reunions, and villas offer the space, privacy, amenities, and value families are looking for. This has become such a popular option that new villas are continuously coming into the Orlando market, and the offerings and amenities are truly top-notch. View Villas in Orlando.
Last year’s leading villa vacation destinations were: Villa Vacations
- Turks & Caicos
- Orlando, Fla.
Travelers looking for a truly customized vacation experience planned by a full-service agency where a Villa specialist finds the perfect destination to fit a client’s vacation desires and a personal Concierge tailors a client’s vacation from start to finish will want to book with Villas of Distinction.