Croatia is one of the latest countries in Europe to launch 5G, but it is quickly catching up. In 2022, all three major mobile operators in Croatia launched 5G services, and coverage is expanding rapidly.
5G is the fifth generation of cellular network technology, and it offers a number of advantages over previous generations, including:
- Faster speeds: 5G can offer speeds of up to 10 gigabits per second (Gbps), which is significantly faster than 4G LTE.
- Lower latency: 5G has a lower latency than 4G LTE, which means that there is less of a delay between sending and receiving data.
- More capacity: 5G can support more devices and applications than 4G LTE.
These advantages make 5G well-suited for a wide range of applications, including:
- Streaming: 5G can support high-definition video streaming and gaming without lag.
- Virtual reality and augmented reality: 5G can provide the bandwidth and low latency required for virtual reality and augmented reality applications.
- Internet of Things (IoT): 5G can support the billions of devices that will be connected to the IoT in the coming years.
- Smart cities: 5G can be used to develop smart city applications, such as traffic management and parking systems.
Croatia’s 5G rollout
The rollout of 5G in Croatia is still in its early stages, but it is progressing rapidly. As of September 2023, 5G coverage is available in all major cities and towns in Croatia, and coverage is expanding to rural areas.
All three major mobile operators in Croatia offer 5G services:
- A1 Hrvatska is using 5G to provide high-speed internet access to schools and hospitals in rural areas, improving the quality of education and healthcare in rural communities.
- Hrvatski Telekom is using 5G to develop new smart city applications, such as traffic management and parking systems, improving the quality of life for residents in urban areas.
- Telemach is using 5G to develop new gaming and entertainment applications, helping to create a more vibrant and innovative digital economy in Croatia.
Use cases for 5G
5G has the potential to revolutionize a wide range of industries and sectors in Croatia. Here are a few examples:
- Healthcare: 5G can be used to provide remote healthcare services to people in rural areas, and to develop new medical devices and treatments.
- Education: 5G can be used to develop new educational applications, such as virtual reality and augmented reality learning experiences.
- Manufacturing: 5G can be used to improve manufacturing efficiency and to develop new products and services.
- Transportation: 5G can be used to develop new transportation systems, such as self-driving cars and trucks.
Here are a few statistics on 5G in Croatia:
- As of September 2023, 5G coverage is available in all major cities and towns in Croatia.
- By the end of 2023, it is estimated that 50% of the Croatian population will have access to 5G.
- By the end of 2025, it is estimated that 90% of the Croatian population will have access to 5G.
Conclusion croatia 5g
5G is a new era for mobile communications in Croatia. 5G offers a number of advantages over previous generations, including faster speeds, lower latency, and more capacity. These advantages make 5G well-suited for a wide range of applications, including streaming, virtual reality and augmented reality, the Internet of Things, and smart cities.