The Armani A/X Exchange Connected is the first touchscreen watch from the company, and it packs NFC, GPS, Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 chipset, Google Wear OS, Google Assistant, and heart-rate tracking into a 1.2-inch, swim-proof display. Armani Smartwatch
Unapologetic style meets tech utility with the introduction of the Armani Exchange Connected touchscreen smartwatch. With the modern, fun styling of A|X design and the benefits of today’s wearable technology, the touchscreen smartwatch is compatible with both iOS® and AndroidTM phones, and are powered with WearOS by GoogleTM and the Qualcomm® Snapdragon WearTM 2100 smartwatch platform.
Stay connected with messages and notifications delivered directly to your watch. A customizable dial means you can always match your look. Track activity and heart rate or access your music library by connecting to your favorite apps. This stainless steel touchscreen smartwatch features a blue dial with full display and is complemented by a stainless-steel H-link bracelet.
This device will be available in the US, Europe, and select countries worldwide starting in September 2018.
- PAYMENT Technology: Make purchases using your NFC-enabled smartwatch with Google Pay
- HEART RATE TRACKING Automatically track your heart rate across multiple types of workouts using Google Fit
- ASSIST ON THE WRIST Ask questions and give commands directly to your smartwatch via Google Assistant
- GPS DISTANCE TRACKING Leave your phone at home with built-in GPS that records the distance right on your smartwatch
- SWIMPROOF TECHNOLOGY Shower, swim and dive up to 3 ATM seamlessly and track swim workouts through third-party apps
- POWERED WITH WEAR OS BY GOOGLE The Armani Exchange Connected touchscreen smartwatch is compatible with Android™ phones and iPhone®
The Armani A/X Exchange Connected is a niche model. It blends a fashionable brand with a young-at-heart design for light sports and fitness usage. But there are dozens of such models already on the market, from Fitbit and others, and Armani will struggle to stand out from the crowd.
One ace up its sleeve, though, may be the firm’s distribution channels. Armani wrist watches are usually sold in high-end retail or fashion stores, such as John Lewis UK, and this gives it a chance to target younger professionals with deep pockets, reports Strategy Analytics. Armani Smartwatch