PT XL Axiata Tbk (XL Axiata) has officially launched the eSIM service. With eSIM, customers do not need to use a physical SIM card on their smartphone. This also means that by using eSIM, customers do not have to buy physical SIM cards at the store. In addition, according to Group Head Mass Segment of XL Axiata, Lyra Filiola, the use of eSIM is a more seamless process when making a purchase through the store.xl.co.id, the starter pack can be directly registered and activated from anywhere easily using a QR code.
In the meantime, only certain types of official smartphones can use eSIM, including the iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, and others. To find out more about the types of smartphones that can use eSIM, customers can find out through www.xl.co.id/esim
Here’s how to register and activate e-SIM on your smartphone: xl axiata esim
- After making a purchase at store.xl.co.id, the eSIM QR code will be sent to the email that the customer entered during the purchase.
- Open the settings on the device, select the connection/mobile menu, select additional mobile plans, select use QR code.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet because the e-SIM activation process requires an internet connection to download your e-SIM profile from the server.
- Scan the QR code or enter the activation code on the customer’s device.
- The device will download the customer’s eSIM profile.
- After success, register prepaid via SMS to 4444 with the format: REGISTER#NIK#NomorKK or via the web at xlaxiata.co.id/registrasi.
- After successfully scanning the QR code and civil registration, the number and data package on the XL eSIM will be automatically activated and can be used.
Keep in mind that customers are encouraged to use the data stated on the Family Card when registering for eSIM.
In addition to the easy activation process, there are many other benefits of using XL Axiata’s eSIM, including no need to worry about lost/damaged SIM cards, iPhone users can finally utilize the dual SIM feature; packages are available at affordable prices starting from IDR 30,000, and a total quota of up to 166GB including bonuses for up to 12 months.