Chubb today announced the launch of Enhanced Business Travel Smart Insurance in Hong Kong.
As a global leader in personal accident and supplemental health insurance, Chubb understands the duty of care obligations faced by companies and organisations. With globalisation comes the challenge of managing a mobile workforce where fulfilling the duty of care obligations has become an important point of differentiation for home-grown conglomerates, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and multinationals. Chubb’s Enhanced Business Travel Smart Insurance has been developed to help companies provide relevant coverage for business travel while affirming their reputation as responsible employers.
Some of these enhancements include:
- The waiver of the age limit for policy issuance and renewal.
- Inclusion of cover for travel delays caused by reasons beyond the airline’s control.
- Coverage for hairline fractures caused by accidents.
- Extension of cover up to pre-32nd week for expecting mothers, and
- Extension of 100% unused medical limit for follow-up treatments for 12 months.
The Business Travel Smart Insurance comes with Chubb Travel Smart, a mobile application and an online dashboard for risk management. The mobile app provides medical and travel information for the business travellers. With alerts notifying travellers of major incidents happening in their destinations, they can plan their route better to avoid travel mishaps.
- READ MORE: People spend on average €1.022 a year on business travel. Brits spend less than Americans
With regard to the online dashboard, risk, HR and security managers can locate and send messages and alerts to business travellers anywhere in the world. In addition, employees can travel with confidence with access to medical advice and 24-hour emergency assistance.
Stanley Wong, Country President of Chubb’s general insurance business in Hong Kong said, “Our Enhanced Business Travel Smart Insurance is well suited to meet the risk mitigation requirements of growing companies where employees are required to travel near and far. The product enhancements and mobile app bear testament to our agility in responding to the changing needs in business travel and an increasingly mobile workforce.”