Amdocs, a leading provider of software and services to communications and media companies, announced that it has enabled Drei Austria to launch an innovative eSIM solution allowing the Austrian operator’s customers to enjoy the benefits of digital eSIM technology in a purely app-based experience. drei austria esim technology
An eSIM is an embedded, digital SIM that lets users activate a cellular plan from a mobile network operator without the need for a physical SIM card. While many operators require customers to use QR codes to activate an eSIM, the Drei Austria solution – powered by Amdocs’ award-winning eSIM platform – allows for app-based activation and full lifecycle management through Drei Austria’s new app and 100% digital 5G unlimited mobile subscription plan, up. Drei Austria customers who use the up app can now manage their eSIM on devices produced by Apple, Google, Samsung and more. drei austria esim technology
Simple and fast integration into a service provider’s network
Amdocs’ SaaS-based eSIM platform offers simple and fast integration into a service provider’s network and IT systems and includes a pre-integrated solution from Thales, a leader in eSIM subscription management. As part of the Amdocs solution, Drei Austria is utilizing Amdocs’ eSIM software development kit (SDK), along with Amdocs Entitlement Server.
The collaboration with Drei Austria is the latest example of a major service provider selecting Amdocs to launch eSIM services for its customers. Amdocs has seen an accelerated number of eSIM deployments as service providers leverage the technology to simplify customer experiences.
“We’re excited to be pioneering access to the mobile world of Drei Austria with a few clicks. With our innovative up app we offer a completely digital SIM journey to our customers based on Amdocs eSIM technology,” said Matthias Baldermann, CTO at Drei Austria. “Our relationship with Amdocs, combined with its flexible approach and industry leadership in eSIM, has made them the ideal partner for this initiative.”
“Consumers and communications service providers around the world are realizing the power and potential of a software-powered SIM approach,” said Anthony Goonetilleke, Group President of Technology and Head of Strategy at Amdocs. “This collaboration exemplifies the type of frictionless, amazing experiences that can be achieved with eSIM technology, and we are honored to partner with Drei Austria.”
Amdocs will be showcasing its eSIM capabilities at Mobile World Congress Barcelona, February 27-March 2, 2023, where Drei Austria will be presented with an Amdocs Innovation Award for its eSIM project. A strategic thought leadership session, How Global Telco Leaders Are Launching eSIM, will take place at the Amdocs booth at MWC (Hall 3, Stand 3G10) from 14:00 –14:45 CET on Wednesday, March 1.
Amdocs at MWC drei austria esim technology
- The Amdocs booth is situated in Hall 3, stand 3G10, where we will be showcasing a wide range of innovative, immersive demos and experiences related to 5G, augmented reality, virtual reality, the cloud and more
- Amdocs will also showcase industry vertical use cases from the 5G Experience Lab, including a live manufacturing demo with Intel
- Niall Norton, Amdocs General Manager & Amdocs Networks Division President, will be taking part in the MWC conference session That’s My Slice! on Monday, February 27
- Anthony Goonetilleke, Group President of Technology and Head of Strategy at Amdocs, will join T-Mobile’s Meg Knauth for a session on Enabling The Next Phase Of The Un-Carrier: The T-Mobile & Amdocs Story in the Broadcast Studio on Wednesday, March 1
- There will be an Amdocs Digital Brands Suite as a Service demo at the AWS Village
- Amdocs is the podcast sponsor of MWC, hosting The Great Indoors MWC23 Barcelona Special Edition and recording live from the event