Things to do in Doha
Doha, the capital of Qatar, is a modern city of a booming economy and development. With a mix of stylish shopping malls and traditional souqs, or markets, Doha is fast becoming a dynamic city that’s fighting for its spot as the top holiday destination in the Gulf.
Enjoy a day’s safari in the golden sands and have fun by the sea by dune bashing, sandboarding, snorkeling, and swimming. Experience the afternoon in a Bedouin camp while admiring the stunning views that surrounds you. Explore the local lifestyle with a guided tour of Souk Waqif to see traditional architecture, handicrafts, folk art, and more!
Here are some things to do in Doha:
- Visit the Museum of Islamic Art: The Museum of Islamic Art is a stunning building that houses one of the world’s largest collections of Islamic art. The collection includes calligraphy, ceramics, textiles, and metalwork from across the Islamic world.
- Explore the Souq Waqif: The Souq Waqif is a traditional market that has been restored to its former glory, with narrow alleyways, spice shops, and souvenir stalls. It’s a great place to shop for traditional Qatari goods, sample local food, and soak up the atmosphere.
- Visit the Qatar National Museum: The Qatar National Museum is a modern museum that tells the story of Qatar’s history and culture, with exhibits covering everything from natural history to the country’s oil industry.
- Take a stroll along the Corniche: The Corniche is a scenic waterfront promenade that stretches for several kilometers along Doha Bay. It’s a great place to take a walk or jog, with stunning views of the city skyline.
- Visit the Katara Cultural Village: The Katara Cultural Village is a beautiful complex that showcases traditional Qatari architecture and hosts a variety of cultural events and exhibitions. It’s a great place to learn about Qatari culture and traditions.
- Visit the Sheikh Faisal Museum: The Sheikh Faisal Museum is a private museum that houses the extensive collection of Sheikh Faisal bin Qassim Al Thani. The collection includes everything from vintage cars and motorcycles to Islamic art and calligraphy.
- Visit Aspire Park: Aspire Park is a large green space located in the heart of the city, with walking trails, playgrounds, and a lake. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy some outdoor activities.
- Visit the Al Zubarah Fort: The Al Zubarah Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located just outside Doha. The fort was built in the 18th century to protect the town of Al Zubarah, and today it’s a popular tourist attraction.
- Take a desert safari: If you’re looking for a bit of adventure, consider taking a desert safari outside of Doha. You can go dune bashing, ride a camel, and enjoy a traditional Qatari dinner under the stars.
- Visit the Al Wakra Museum: The Al Wakra Museum is a small museum located in the town of Al Wakra, about 20 kilometers south of Doha. The museum tells the story of the town’s history and culture, with exhibits covering everything from fishing to pearl diving.
When is the Best Time to Visit Doha?