Vioguard, Inc. released a consumer survey report that shows the importance of increased sanitary protocols for travelers ahead of the 2020 holiday season. More about sanitize and travel below.
The leader in UV-C technology conducted a survey with over 1,000 respondents to better understand the importance of heightened sanitary protocols and the implementation of sanitation technology to travelers during the pandemic.
Key findings from the survey: sanitize and travel
- A strong majority (more than 79 percent) of travelers believe it is very important to understand a travel company’s sanitation protocols before a purchasing decision is made.
- Three out of every four consumers (74 percent) state that it is important for a travel company to state their safety and sanitation protocols on their website.
- Forty-seven percent of respondents would feel more comfortable traveling with a company that utilizes UV-C as part of their sanitary measures as opposed to traditional cleaning methods.
- More than half of consumers (55 percent) stated that a travel company’s use of UV-C products for sanitization would influence their decision to travel with them.
- More than 40 percent of consumers would be willing to pay a higher price for travel fees if it included heightened sanitary protocols.
“We can deduct from this survey that sanitation processes are of the utmost importance for travelers, and the use of UV-C light in a company’s protocols could be a deciding factor under today’s circumstances,” says Mark Beeston, Vice President of Sales at Vioguard. “It is our hope that travel and hospitality companies across the nation can use this information to better accommodate the needs of their customers and guests during this unprecedented experience.”
Between November 17 and November 18, 2020, Vioguard surveyed consumers in the United States with the purpose of understanding the importance of sanitation protocols for travelers ahead of the holiday season. All results are from the perspective of the consumer. The survey represents consumers of various ages, genders, incomes, and U.S. regions. sanitize and travel