On average, 542 MB is used per day, which means an increase of 78 percent over a year.
– In this year’s report we can once again see that mobile data continues to be very important for our corporate customers and that data consumption is increasing every year, while voice calls are declining in most industries. The increased data usage is a mega trend affecting all industries and companies across the country. For us, it is important to understand how our services are used to better guide and help our corporate customers, which is why we produce this report annually , says Jessica Levin, Business Area Manager, Small and Medium Businesses at Tele2.
The industries that surf the most (increase between 2018 and 2019 in brackets):
- Hotel and Restaurant, 542 MB / day (+ 63%)
- Beauty and Hairdresser, 499 MB / day (+ 66%)
- Car mechanic 417 MB / day (+ 79%)
- Barley, 378 MB / day (+ 42%)
- Freight, 305 MB / day (+ 41%)
- Dentist 299 MB / day (+ 35%)
- Data and IT 299 MB / day (+ 26%)
- Law Offices 226 MB / day (+ 9%)
- Accounting and Auditing 207 MB / day (+ 32%)
Average for all industries: 285 MB / day (+ 45%)
As a whole, all industries except dentists are calling less. However, all industries have a somewhat longer talk time, with an average increase of four percent.
Due to the Corona crisis, Tele2 has updated the figures in this year’s report and also compare the data for March 2020 with the same month 2019.
– Now that many people work at home, we see a different pattern among corporate customers who use more data than they did before. In March, the number of telephone calls also increased by 6.5% compared to the same month in 2019 and the length of the calls increased by a full 20.7% during the same period. If this is a trend break that breaks the trend of declining voice calls or if it is a corona effect remains to be seen, concludes Jessica Levin.
|Average in March, all industries||2018||2019||2020||Annual change 2018-2019||Annual change 2019-2020|
|Data Quantity (MB)||170||248||376||45.77%||51.28%|
|Call duration in minutes||3.16||3.24||3.91||2.53%||20.7%|
|Number of calls / day on average||7.1||6.6||7.1||-6.32%||6.50%|
Table: Annual change in data and telephony in companies compared in March 2019/2018 and March 2019/2020
Data on Data also shows major geographical differences, especially with regard to mobile surfing. Northern Sweden continues to excel where Norrbotten, Jämtland and Västerbotten are at the top for surfing per day. Norrbotten tops with 1,366 MB / day and Västerbotten has increased by 75% since last year.