An eSIM is a chip that is permanently integrated in the device. The “e” in eSIM stands for “embedded”. The eSIM is the digital alternative to the classic SIM card, which you first have to insert into the device.
The big advantage: No more laborious breaking out and inserting a physical SIM card. In the future, the eSIM will replace the previously used SIM card, which is currently available in three sizes (hence the name “Triple SIM”).
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to be able to use an eSIM, you absolutely need a corresponding eSIM-capable smartphone. Therefore, please check before ordering whether your device actually supports an eSIM.
After successfully registering the tariff, you will receive a link by email, with the customer password the practical eSIM can be downloaded. There is no need to break out or insert a plastic card. The eSIM can be activated in just a few clicks and minutes.
There is also a matching yesss! and Georg Online Shop a limited eSIM-capable smartphone, the popular Samsung Galaxy S20, at a price of only EUR 649 (EUR 20 cheaper than on leading comparison platforms).
Yesss! eSIM compatible smartphones (as of October 2020):
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max and 12 Mini
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and iPhone SE (2020)
- iPad Pro, iPad Air and iPad (all current models)
- Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL and Pixel 3a and 3a XL
- Google Pixel 4, 4a and 4 XL
- Samsung Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 + and S20 ultra (eSIM version)
- Huawei P40 and P40 pro
- Motorola Razr (2019)
TIP: Before buying an yesss! eSIM, please make sure that your device is actually eSIM-capable. Otherwise it is not possible to use the eSIM.