Sequans Communications announced that Monarch SiP, a joint system-in-package mobile IoT connectivity solution from Sequans and Skyworks Solutions, is now available via Verizon’s ThingSpace IoT Accelerator Program for a price as low as $6.50 to qualified customers under Verizon ThingSpace terms and conditions. The SiP, introduced to the market last year and certified by Verizon as a module, is jointly marketed and sold by Sequans and Skyworks and has already been designed into wearables and trackers by IoT device makers requiring an ultra-compact solution.
“This is an incredible price for a connectivity solution that beats all competing solutions available today,” said Nick Taluja, Sequans’ VP of worldwide sales. “It is 66 percent smaller in size, more than 50 percent thinner, and more than 90 percent better in low power consumption than its nearest competitor. This remarkable breakthrough connectivity solution, which represents a level of performance unmatched anywhere in the world, was made possible by the very close supply chain collaboration of Sequans and Skyworks.”
READ MORE: Telefonica Launches IoT Cybersecurity Unit
Monarch SiP combines Skyworks’ LTE universal, multi-band RF front-end module with Sequans’ Monarch LTE-M/NB-IoT Platform in a single, ultra-compact SiP that enables worldwide deployment and roaming capability in a Single-SKU™. Monarch SiP achieves a very high level of integration whereby baseband, RF transceiver, power management, RF front-end, RAM memory, and most of the required passives, are integrated into an 8.8 x 10.8 x 0.95 mm package for an industry-leading compact size. The Monarch SiP mobile IoT solution is listed as SKY66430 in Skyworks’ catalog and SQN66430 in Sequans’ catalog.
Key product features of Monarch SiP
- Supports narrowband LTE UE categories M1/NB1, 3GPP Release 13/14 LTE-Advanced Pro
- World’s smallest and thinnest LTE for IoT connectivity solution
- Integrated baseband, RF, RAM memory, power management, and analog front-end
- 0.5 mm ball pitch for easy routing and low-cost PCB design
- +23dBm/+20dBm/+14 dBm power classes for lower data plan usage and ultra-efficient power consumption at cell edge and deep indoor with fewer repetitions
- 1uA PSM for long sleep duration use cases
- eco-Paging™ for ultra-low eDRX power consumption as low as 20uA
- IoT-Findit™ location engine for accurate indoor/outdoor positioning without need of GNSS
- IoT-Select™ offers the ability to switch seamlessly between CAT-M1 and CAT-NB1 networks
- Single-SKU™ global deployment and roaming capability pre-integrated for support of up to 18-bands