Nearly 10 percent of all LTE operators have now deployed 5G and nearly 8 percent have launched 5G networks, according to GSA.
- By the end of 2019 348 operators in 119 countries had announced they were investing in 5G.
- 77 operators had announced that they had deployed 3GPP compliant 5G technology in their networks.
- A total of 61 operators in 34 countries had launched one or more 3GPP-compliant 5G services:
- 49 operators had launched 3GPP-compliant 5G mobile services (46 full launches, 3 limited availability launches).
- 34 operators had launched 3GPP-compliant 5G FWA or home broadband services (27 full launches, 7 limited availability launches).
Since 2015 GSA has identified 23 countries that have auctioned or allocated C-Band spectrum for mobile broadband.
The fees paid range from USD$0.002 per MHz per Pop (per person) (Slovakia, Norway and Romania) to USD$0.424 per MHz per Pop in Italy.
France has approved an unusual procedure for allocation of C-Band licences to use spectrum in the 3410–3800 MHz range. In an initial allocation procedure, four 50 MHz blocks will be available at a fixed price of €350 million per block ($0.117/MHz/Pop).