Ukrainian operator Kyivstar has introduced an eSIM service, initially for prepaid customers, but it plans to extend this to postpaid retail subscribers and corporate customers later. kyivstar esim
New prepaid customers can activate the service by paying for a prepaid tariff plan in the online shop.
The service is offered at no extra charge and is included in the prepaid tariff plans ‘Video Without Borders’, ‘Entertaining Without Borders’ and ‘Communication Without Borders’. Customers are also able to activate eSIMs using its service management mobile application My Kyivstar. The number of smartphones supporting eSIM has grown by 160 percent of the Kyivstar network within the last year.
The operator is also offering customers the option to access unlimited mobile data when using ten applications while roaming. They are the messengers Viber, Facebook Messenger, Telegram and WhatsApp, mapping services Google Maps and Maps for iOS, as well as tourism-focused applications Booking, AirBnB, Skyscanner and Tickets.ua.
What devices support Kyivstar esim
GALAXY FOLD, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 +, Galaxy Z Flip
Huawei P40 / P40 Pro
Replacement for existing numbers
Use the application “My Kyivstar” .
- Go to the app.
- Select “Replace SIM with eSIM” and follow the further prompts to complete the eSIM activation.
Connecting new numbers
Purchase any of our tariffs with eSIM in the Kyivstar online store.
- Prepare an additional device and from it go to shop.kyivstar.ua
- Choose one of eSIM plans.
- Pay and wait for the voucher with a QR code that appears on the screen of the additional device. You can also receive a QR code to the specified email.
- With the smartphone on which you activate the eSIM, scan the QR code.
- Add the eSIM to your device and complete the eSIM activation using your phone prompts.
- Make sure everything works. For example, dial * 111 # and wait for the account information.