NTT DOCOMO, INC. is providing up-to-date information for foreign visitors regarding the effect of Typhoon Krosa on public transportation via its instant message service.
DOCOMO opened free Wi-Fi spot ‘00000JAPAN’ (Five Zero Japan) from 20:00 on Thursday, August 15 for areas affected by Typhoon Krosa. This service can also be accessed by foreign visitors in Japan.
- 00000JAPAN is a free service that does not require a password, so users should be wary of malicious sites that may use this name on an unauthorized basis and ask for personal information such as credit card details.
- Japan Visitor Hotline operated by Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO), open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Free Wi-Fi accessible via SSID ‘00000JAPAN’
- Disaster information website
- Eligible users
People roaming in south-central Osaka, and in the Wakayama, Nara, Shikoku and Chugoku regions.
- Shikoku region: Kagawa Prefecture, Ehime Prefecture, Kochi Prefecture and Tokushima Prefecture
- Chugoku region: Hiroshima Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture and Tottori Prefecture
- Kansai region: Osaka Prefecture, Nara Prefecture and Wakayama Prefecture