This won’t be your average getaway. On this tiny island of approximately 450 residents at last count, you can go husky dogsledding, spot the Northern Lights if you’re lucky, and paddle past icebergs the size of the hotel.
Prepare to go seriously off the grid, as Hotels.com® puts the world’s most #RemoteAF hotel on the map. It’s the most remote and freezing location you’ll possibly ever visit.
Set in one of the most epic locations in the world – Ittoqqortoormiit in East Greenland – you may not be able to pronounce it, but you’ll certainly want to visit it. Hotels.com is putting rooms up for grabs for stays during March 2019and is picking up most of the room tab.* This is not a drill, people!
With an 18% increase** this year in searches for off-the-grid travel compared to last year, Hotels.com knows that today’s travelers are searching for unique and exceptional travel experiences. Searches*** for Greenland also increased by over 65% this year compared to last year, so we believe one of 2019’s hottest travel spots is going to be one of the coldest places on earth.
Adam Jay, the newly appointed president of Hotels.com brand, an epic adventurer himself says, “You may not be able to pronounce Ittoqqortoormiit but trust me you do not want to miss out on this place. Greenland as a destination is really heating up – even though it’s in the negatives most of the time! – as today’s travelers are seeking those rewarding, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. This stunning island is an epic bucket list destination where you can go sledding with wolves, kayaking in the Arctic and maybe see the Northern Lights almost from your room. It’s truly spectacular and the best bit is we’re picking up most of the room tab!”
How far will you go for the ‘gram? Hotels.com is putting the far-flung town of Ittoqqortoormiit on the map for adventure-seeking travelers everywhere. Five reasons why you need to get off the grid in Ittoqqortoormiit:
- Go high or go home: There is no time to be afraid of heights, with the highest mountain in the Arctic, Gunnbjorns Fjeld (approximately 12,119 feet tall) situated within Ittoqqortoormiit’s borders
- Views ‘on fleek’: The dancing green lights of Aurora Borealis light up the skies of Greenland from September to April, and this tiny town often boasts front row seats to this spectacular phenomenon. YAAASSS
- Time to get wild: The National Park of Northeast Greenland is the biggest national park in the world (not to brag, obvs), with unimaginable wildlife and wilderness. Ittoqqortoormiit is the gateway to the National Park
- Views for days: The town neighbors the entry to one of the world’s largest and deepest multi-branched fjord systems, Scoresby Sound. From here, you can do some serious sight–slaying by hopping on a tall ship and sailing past icebergs, glaciers and even spotting some seals and whales
- Pics or it didn’t happen: Practice long exposure photography on the Northern Lights and train a long lens on epic wildlife
Warning! This destination is not for the faint-hearted, as you may find polar bears and other dangerous wildlife roaming the island. Real adventurers only need apply!
The coupon code for the Ittoqqortoormiit Guesthouse is exclusive to Hotels.com and is available to book now until December 31, 2018 (subject to very limited availability), for stays in the month of March 2019 only. Apply coupon code “REMOTE” at checkout.*
Get a glimpse of this unique destination with Hotels.com here, and if you can’t resist the adventure of a lifetime, head to Hotels.com or download the Hotels.com mobile app.