Travellers at Chicago airports O’Hare and Midway now have access to unlimited free Wi-Fi service at both airports.
The Chicago Department of Aviation announced unlimited free Chicago airports Wi-Fi, with streaming capability, is available for the first time at O’Hare and Midway, replacing the 30-minute free Wi-Fi that had been offered until now.
The new service provided by Boingo Wireless will be funded through advertising, at no cost to the city. The Wi-Fi service will carry rolling advertisements every 45 minutes.
Passengers who want faster Wi-Fi speeds can purchase one-day or monthly Boingo subscriptions.
Boingo subscribers also will have access to a Passpoint-enabled network that allows mobile devices secure roaming access to Wi-Fi hotspots at O’Hare and Midway without requiring a login.
To connect to the Wi-Fi at Chicago airports O’Hare and Midway, you can follow these general steps:
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your device and look for available networks.
- Connect to the “ORD” network for O’Hare or “MDW” network for Midway.
- If the network does not automatically direct you to the login page, open a web browser and try to visit any website. You should be redirected to the login page.
- On the login page, accept the terms and conditions and enter any required information (such as your email address) to gain access to the Wi-Fi.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you should be able to use the Wi-Fi network.
Find out more about Chicago airports O’Hare and Midway
|Located on the Northwest Side of Chicago
|Located on the Southwest Side of Chicago
|One of the busiest airports in the world
|Serves primarily domestic flights
|Consists of four terminals
|Consists of one terminal
|Handles both domestic and international flights
|Primarily serves low-cost carriers
|Has direct flights to over 200 destinations worldwide
|Has direct flights to over 70 destinations
|Has an on-site Hilton hotel
|No on-site hotels, but many nearby options
|Offers a variety of ground transportation options
|Mostly served by the Chicago Transit Authority
|Can experience significant delays and congestion during peak travel times
|Generally less crowded and easier to navigate than O’Hare
Visiting Dubai? Do not miss:
Alertify is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission